When people first heard the term artificial intelligence (AI), they couldn’t really grasp what it meant. The Internet was still growing slowly, and people weren’t at a point of accepting that AI would become a daily part of life. Both consumers and the Internet have evolved since that time and people have greater expectations of the companies they do business with online. The mindset of marketers has shifted as well. Since consumers now expect greater personalization, they must learn how to deliver it without spending more money or time. AI can help them achieve this goal.
What is the Definition of AI?
AI can be either a machine or device that learns to understands its unique environment and uses this information to increase the likelihood of success in achieving a goal. Some of the most well-known forms of AI include robots, self-driving cars, and facial recognition software. Currently, a large amount of new technology exists that focuses on providing an enhanced customer experience. This requires using the best features of AI and combining them with personalization whenever possible. Below are nine ways that AI can interact with personalization to deliver the best customer experience possible.
- Better understanding of the customer: There’s no doubt that the combination of personalization and AI create a better and more memorable experience for your customer. Meeting customer expectations is crucial in today’s business climate because another company will be happy to do it if yours cannot.
- Improved credibility: When your company does things right, it naturally improves credibility with online customers over time. AI enables you to better identify your target audience and then deliver a personalized experience to them. With machine learning, you can also gain respect and authenticity by delivering a memorable experience to the customer.
- Being open to a new way of thinking: It’s no longer an option to put off embracing AI. Businesses that insist on sticking to the old ways of doing things will be left behind quickly. When your company goes through a digital transformation, it means that it changes everything about the way it communicates with customers online. AI enables you to achieve this goal.
- Better customer experience: If you’re like three-quarters of other American business owners, delivering great customer service is a primary concern. AI levels the playing field between large and small companies by enabling anyone to employ its technology to provide the personalized experience that customers expect.
- Provides new business opportunities: With AI, you can find a customer base that you never even knew existed. Not only that, but you will have new tools to analyze the online behavior of all your customers. This helps you tailor future offers accordingly.
- Improvement in the performance of paid advertising: Opting for paid advertising campaigns is important, but it’s not enough. You also need to consider deploying chatbots to provide a personalized and inclusive buying experience as well as remarketing. The latter is the term used for implementing software that can follow customers from one place to the next on the Internet. Continued exposure to your company’s ad makes it more likely a customer will eventually make a purchase.
- Create content specific for your audience: You need to understand you audience before you can create a realistic buyer persona. That means you need to know their work environment, online habits, and what motivates them to buy. AI is an advanced tool to help you learn this information and put it to good use with personalized offers.
- Improve understanding of your company’s data: AI won’t do your company any good if you can’t make sense of the data. Part of our service to you is training on how to interpret the data and use it to your best advantage.
- Launch an omnichannel presence: The definition of omnichannel marketing is the ability to reach and engage with larger numbers of people by using a variety of platforms. The typical consumer experiences eight different touchpoints before even considering following through with a purchase from a business. For this reason, it’s vital that you ensure each of your company touchpoints is prepared to make a strong impact.
Strategies for Implementing AI and Meaningful Touchpoints
AI can help you achieve your marketing goals, but you need to establish your most important priorities first. Consider your customers, how you currently advertise your business, and the technology available to you to reach more people. It’s also important to realize that you will make mistakes with AI and personalization right off the bat. However, that doesn’t mean you should scrap it or that it’s not important. You just need to remain confident that you will deliver exactly what your customers want. Lastly, continue to analyze your business data to see what’s working and what’s not working and take it from there.